Hire a Refugee
Every employer is looking for hard-working employees with a “can do” attitude and a work ethic like that of our grandparents.
Einstein was a refugee!
Photograph of Albert Einstein by Oren Jack Turner, Princeton, N.J.
Refugees are invited by the United States government to start a new life in the U.S. as permanent residents. They have all the necessary documents and a legal right to work.
“The candidates we hire from IRIS always help their coworkers. They know the value of team work!”
— Housekeeping manager at a major hotel in New Haven
Pictured left is Aurelio Bachiller, a refugee from Cuba, who worked at Zero Draft in Waterford, CT. Over 50 employers in the greater New Haven area have successfully hired refugees. All services that IRIS provides to refugees and employers are completely free of charge. We are not an employment agency.
Top Ten Reasons to Hire a Refugee:
- Immediate placement — we have documented, qualified candidates ready to go to work.
- Find workers with the skills you need. Refugees arrive with a wide variety of skills, from factory worker to professional.
- Increase your productivity. Refugees bring with them an outstanding work ethic.
- Save money. No need to pay for advertising, simply call us with your work order.
- Cultural diversity — increase the ethnic and linguistic diversity of your staff by adding workers from around the world.
- No paper hassles — we will complete your company’s new—hire paperwork and photocopy all necessary documentation
- Refugees routinely pass all criminal background checks and drug/alcohol
- Translators. We will provide a translator, if necessary, for initial training and orientation.
- Tax credits for employers.
- You are assisting a new family to realize the American dream, just like your ancestors.
If you would like to receive more information or have any questions please contact:
Will Kneerim, Employment Services Manager>
Owen Davis, Employer Outreach Specialist>